It is I – Snicker - back again! I need a good stretch. Ahhhh.
Well, I am kind of set in my ways and as I said many times cats do not like change.
A few months back HM and HD adopted a stray mother cat with 5 (FIVE! I counted them!) three-day old kittens. They lived on the lanai in the pool enclosure in a covered bunny hutch. The kittens looked like little mice to me. They had round ears and no eyes. They pulled themselves around on their bellies and were at the snack bar all day. I heard HM say that they would only be there for 10 to 12 weeks until they were adopted into their forever homes. Whew. I was worried there for a while that I had to teach more kittens the ropes! (I did that several times before – but more on that in future blogs.)
They called Mom “Razzberry”. Razzberry? Who calls a black cat with white paws Razzberry? Anyway, all of Razz’s little punks looked just like her - they were all black and white. As they got older and more mobile, I watched them cautiously through the kitchen door. I could see almost the entire patio around the pool, so I knew where they were at all times. They were definitely crazy cats! They were zooming around and around the pool – I wondered if they would fall in – snicker snicker. Do you know how much cats love water? NOT. They hate it. I am a water-loving cat they say. Ha! There is no way you are going to give me a what? BATH?
One day HD was reading the paper on the pool deck and the kittens were playing on the chaise lounge and oops, the cushion fell right into the pool with several kittens! You never saw those guys move so fast. “Nano-second” has a brand new meaning! They climbed out of the pool in a flash and shook off as only cats can do. Boy were they mad! HD was on it, grabbed one of the Charter Club bath towels, wrapped them up, and dried them off quick as a wink. It was great kitty TV that day!
I became a little lackadaisical about watching the door as HM and HD entered the kitchen from the pool area. Nothing seemed to be happening so nothing to worry about. One day - Blam! What the heck? The door had opened and Razz came in through the door in a flash and pounced at me with a vengeance – struck me on my butt with her front paw and then immediately turned and ran back out the door to the lanai. I was dazed. I shook my head and wondered what the blazes happened. HM and HD were laughing at the incident. My feelings were hurt and I went and sulked for a while.
Apparently, according to HM and HD, Razz was flexing her female muscles and wanted to let me know that she was protecting her kittens from the likes of me!
Whew. I guess I have to be more cognizant of Razz’s whereabouts going forward.
Cat Ciao for now.
Kittens are cool -- until they attack feet under covers. They have very amusing "hunting fantasies."
ReplyDelete