This is a cat’s view of the world…….
OK. Ok , I know it’s not possible for cats to use a computer…but stay with me here. My name is Snicker. I am a Turkish Van and I live with my human parents and a slew of other cats that were abandoned in our neighborhood after “Charley” which was some kind of rain and wind event that my parents talk about.
I am not fazed by much and except for scaring humans and other cats (snicker snicker) by my massive size, I am a pretty laid-back fellow. My parents give me a lot of credit for being intelligent and I applaud them for that because I am intelligent and except for Jackson (the elevator doesn’t go all the way to the top floor with that guy) all my feline buddies are smart. Hey - we got these humans to bring us in didn’t we? They feed us and dote on us - don’t they? And let’s face it. We don’t have to do much except smile at them and purr when petted and roll around a little and chase feathers for their amusement. It’s a small price to pay for all our creature comforts.
But, I digress.
One of my buddies – Ling Ling who is a beautiful Siamese-Tabby crossbreed got an infection in his wee-wee. (Ling Ling loosely translated in Chinese means "Sweetest of the Sweet".) Human Mom (HM) went crazy and brought poor Ling Ling to the cat doctor and I can only guess what they did to him there. The male cat wee-wee isn’t that large and HM said something about a catheter being inserted? Ouch.
So anyway, HM comes home with some new bags and cans of cat food. I snooped around the corner of the kitchen and saw that this wasn’t our usual brand. I overheard HM say to Human Dad (HD) that Ling Ling was prone to crystals and the vet suggested a special prescription cat food. I could feel my lip curl at that one. And so? Well then, because Ling Ling had wee wee problems we all had to eat this new food. I peeked at the bag again. It had a picture of a cat on the bag and the letters “S O”. So? The manufacturer was Royal Canin and this was special food for cats with urinary tract problems. Well, I had no problem with my wee wee so why do I have to eat it?
HM looked down at me as if she read my mind and said – “Snicker, the vet said we can feed all of you guys this new food and it is especially good for you boy cats.”
Anyway, I lost that battle and after starving myself for two hours, I decided to try it. It wasn’t bad, but I didn’t want to show HM too much enthusiasm. Cats don’t like change and I was happy with the old food.
Well the long and short of it is Ling Ling is fine and hasn’t died from his wee wee problem, so I guess I am OK with Royal Canin’s SO. After all, I don’t want anything bad to happen to any of my cat buddies.
Time for one of my catnaps. So long for now……
Cat Caio.
No comments:
Post a Comment