Friday, February 4, 2011

"Feelin' Fine"

Well I’m back. I had a nap – well several actually.

I have to comment on my favorite kitty litter. Read on. My Human Mom and Dad (HM and HD) used to use clay litter, which wasn’t really absorbent, but they didn’t know any better. And… Oh! Did it stink! One day of urine collection and all of us cats were walking around with clothespins on our noses and boy did that hurt!

Anyway, one day HM had a manufacturer’s coupon for a new product that she thought she would try on us cats. The new product smelled like pine trees which was nice for our kitty noses. I looked at the bag that was nice and green and had a pretty kitty on the front. The bag said “Feline Pine”. At first I wasn’t sure I read that right and thought it said “Feeling Fine”. Either way I guess we were in for another change. I get suspicious when I hear HM say “something new”. Remember I said cats don’t like change?

I watched HM from my perch on the Maytag dryer (I like the dryer ‘cause when HM is doing laundry I can get nice and warm) as she was wrangling with the numerous kitty litter boxes. Apparently, the directions for substituting a new kitty litter for an old one are more complex than I thought. There is a “transition period”. The process as I saw it was the new kitty litter “Feline Pine” was put in the bottom of the litter pan and a few inches of the old clay kitty litter was placed on top so us cats got used to it gradually. Come On! Do these people think we are stupid? Just put the stuff in the litter box.

HM looked at me with a smile and said – “Snicker, this new kitty litter is much healthier for you and for the house. Clay kitty litter can get in your digestive system when you clean your paws. And you know - You are what you eat!” So, now I am going to be a pine tree? I didn’t quite get that. I like being a cat.

Well remember that I am a BIG cat. I weigh in about 22 pounds and I am not fat. I can’t really fit into the covered kitty litter boxes so I use the open ones. Well clay litter is weighty so no problem when I balance on the edge of the kitty litter pan. (I don’t like getting my feet dirty in the kitty litter.) When I tried this balancing act on the kitty litter pan filled with 1 inch of “Feline Pine” – woops! Over I went and the kitty litter and I wound up in a heap on the floor. I decided I needed some more practice with this new litter and how to balance without flipping over.

I’ll study this during my next nap…..

Anyway, we now have a house that smells like pine trees instead of cat urine and our noses feel better ‘cause we don’t need clothes pins anymore.

Cat Ciao!

1 comment: